Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Thugs in School....What are YOU Thinking For Real????


Sesame Street is harder than 'Thugs in College'.My roommate kind of inspired this post. I almost forgot about it to be truthful and I don't know how. I don't understand how you can believe that you are a thug but yet you are sitting next to me in my 300 or 400 level english course. I don't understand what the appeal of being a thug is. I mean really. Most thugs end up in jail at some point in time during their life. They sell drugs. They are always worried about whether the police, excuse me 5-0 as they like to call it, are going to be this place or that place. You don't have time to go to class.


What is really the appeal about being a thug or let's go with another term 'DOPE BOY'? I mean why do you want someone that can't even take to certain places for fear of getting arrested. The sad thing about being a 'dope boy' is that they usual are pretty smart. For you to think of make $2000-3000 a week, and to keep up with who owes you, shows signs of businessmen, but in the wrong aspect. But then again, you really aren't smart enough to not blow your money on BS that calls attention to yourself. That kind of thing seems to be common sense, but I digress, I'm getting side-tracked from the topic at hand. My slight add kicking in lol.


Like I was saying, there's no way that you're thugging and you sitting next to me in my Business Statistics class getting 100s. That's just not logically. I mean really, let's think about it here. I'm a thug but I'ma fill out this Financial Aid form so I can make sure that I take this Organic Chemistry class, and I gotta make sure I get this book for class too. I mean really, stop trying to be something that you're not. Why can't we just strive to be an educated and enlightened generation? Why do we glorify things that should be looked down upon? No one should want to be a thug, I mean really. The general reasoning behind 'Dope Boys' And 'Thugs' doing what they do is because they don't have the opportunities that others have, or excuse they feel that they don't. They just made bad choices. So I say this to the so-called 'Thugs' and 'Dope Boys' in school....What are YOU Thinking For Real???

5 comments:

  1. I got a question, why you hating? Why you hating on me?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I was reading, a few things popped into my lovely head. My question to the author is why are you making it seem that a drug dealer is supposed to be synonymous with stupid. Not stupid as in the wrong decisions but stupid as low IQ. Just for Clarification I in no way condone this life style but I wonder why do we make that assumption. On a larger scale, is this assumption and many others the cause for the classicism within the black community.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not saying that Drug Dealers are stupid, I actually state within the post:

    The sad thing about being a 'dope boy' is that they usual are pretty smart. For you to think of make $2000-3000 a week, and to keep up with who owes you, shows signs of businessmen, but in the wrong aspect.

    But I do see your aspect too. I just want to know when will we as a community stop glorifying things that are not positive. But thank you for commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you betta have a rebuttal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "there's no way that you're thugging and you sitting next to me in my Business Statistics class getting 100s"
    Trina u TOO Real wit it -LOL!! PREACH!
    *Melinda

    ReplyDelete